Setu Bandha exclusively works out the upper back, inner thighs, and glutes. Personally, I feel that the posture is difficult to hold for very long because I have weak leg muscular endurance. However, I also do feel my palms and feet really connect with the Earth in Bridge Pose. I can sense the vertebrae stretch in my spine.
To actually perform Bridge pose, you have to start in Tadasana.
- Lay on a yoga mat in Tadasana, with the feet hip to the part and the palms facing down. Make sure the arms are to your body's sides.
- Bend your knees and bring the heels close enough to touch your fingertips.
- Using the feet and palms, lift the pelvic bones all the way upward.
- Make sure the feet are still hip with the part and are pointed forward.
- Place your hands under your waist, making sure that your shoulders are still rolled underneath you.
- Make sure the elbows are parallel with the body and not bending outward.
- Rest in bridge pose for as many breaths as you fancy.
- On an exhale, bring the hands and pelvic bones down.
- Extend the legs and lay in Tadasana.
No comments:
Post a Comment